What’s going on WordPress family. It’s been a minute since I’ve been on here. I am just enjoying being a new homeowner. I have many stories to tell about my escapades and new neighbors. But for now this is just an update to let you guys know what’s going on. Me and Tareau of thecouchsports.com made a video on the hidden messages of Get Out and it has been the most successful video I’ve ever made to date. I look forward to collaborating with him in the future. I want to thank him for being such a great co-host and guest.
As you can see I have been trying to do some gardening. I purchased that dragon from a Pottery Shop and painted it myself. I recently read Native Son by Richard Wright. It is an exceptional book that I wish I would have read sooner. There is no place in the world like the WordPress family. As far as the LET project, things haven’t been moving along so perfect. Maybe it was because of my schedule and moving or maybe it was because a loss of Interest on the inmates part. I truly do not know what it is but I feel like it’s my fault that the project is failing. I still have some ideas in the works but there is no guarantee with success. Like with anything in life it takes hard work, determination and perseverance.
I really hope that this podcast stuff takes off because I love doing it. With all of the recent events going on I have a lot of stuff to say, but I’m currently trying to figure out where to set up my recording booth. My daughter is running everywhere around the house, jumping in every room. She is excited about the new house and the freedom that comes along with it, so it becomes hard to record when your daughter is so excited. Lol. The MIL situation is still in play, and still making me miserable, but I’m dealing with it the best way possible. Tell me what’s been good with you guys.
Its finally said and done. I am officially a home owner, for whatever it is worth. This goes to show you that if I can get a damn house, pretty much any one can. I shouldn’t even be writing on a blog considering that I have to pack boxes soon. Most of this stuff in my apartment I plan on throwing away anyhow.
Things that I have learned that you can take from me:
- If you are serious about getting a home someday, focus on putting your money to the side via savings account. Do not touch the savings account for 2 years or however long it takes you to get a decent amount of money saved up. My guess is at least 10k to start off. If you have a partner that you live with, preferably a husband or wife that you plan on spend 30 years with, add them on and bring their resources with you. The more help that you have, the better chances you have of getting a higher loan.
- Get pre-qualified — This is very important before you even step in an open house and put in an offer. If you aren’t pre-qualified, you will most likely waste your time looking at a home in a neighborhood that you cannot reasonably afford. Pre-qualification gives you a ball park estimate of the price range you need to home search for. Now you can decide if you will choose a condo in a decent area, or a home in a bad area. You can decide whether you will travel further for better options in a far town, or decide to purchase a fixer-upper. If you are balling like the Golden State Warriors and have money up the ass, the world is yours.
- Find a compatible real estate agent that can accommodate your schedule — I have already written at length about this, but yeah. Just do it. A bad agent will cost you a few homes. Ask if the agent is a seller or a buyers agent, most will tell you that they are both, but that is no acceptable answer. Make them commit to one straight answer. If you have a genuine buyers agent, you are in the game.
- Look for Homes and BE VERY AGGRESSIVE– Ladies and gentleman, in this housing market it is a seller’s market. Buyers have little, if any power without liquid capital. Do not go searching for homes in open houses twiddling your thumbs if you half way like a home “But have to think about it”, NO. It does not work like this :
Trust me it doesn’t go down like this! Each house that you will go in will have multiple offers — sometimes even blind offers — before you can “think about it”, so do not play around if you like a house. Put in an offer as soon as possible, you can always change your mind if you find something else better.
- Put in an offer — Go through the process of negotiations, hopefully you get your offer accepted. You will get turned down multiple times by cash offers, or offers with less contingencies or caveats that hold up the deal.
- Offer accepted — Get pre-approved from whatever bank gives you the best deal. My opinion would be to ask the real estate agent to give a reference for a solid loan officer.
- Get approved
- Start Escrow and complete contingencies that were mutually agreed upon
- Sign papers like crazy, almost like perusing an entire bible full of x_________ symbols
- Wait for the underwriter to complete process
- Wait some more, just because.
- Ok, meet with notary to sign some more documents.
- Wire funds and wait.
- Documents recorded, you are now living the dream
Ask me if it’s worth it, I guess we’ll find out around tax season next year. But the expenses are much higher than renting. I will probably search for power saving hacks on pinterest, because everything costs.
Two men walk into two separate movie theaters to see the same movie, and come out seeing two different things. This shows you how incredible Jordan Peele’s new masterpiece film ‘Get Out’ is. Me and Tareau of the couch sports sat down to have a long deep conversation about the nuance and innuendo in that film. From a historical standpoint, I drop some knowledge on the importance of certain scenes, and Tareau attacks every scene from a deeply intellectual standpoint. Me and Tareau absolutely slaughter this review, and this review is a classic for the ages. You do not want to miss the depth of this movie review. Its long as hell, but worth every minute if you’ve watched the film and need some perspective.
Warning ⚠ This review is completely filled with spoilers, we will ruin your hopes of not knowing what the film plot is. Do not watch if you’ve haven’t seen the film ‘Get Out’. If you simply have no interest of patronizing this film, then have at it.
Ladies and gentlemen, I go by the name of Eddie Star and in this video below I broach the topic of Colin Kaepernick (allegedly) not participating in the anthem protests anymore. Kaepernick now claims that he has seen improvement in America. Many people have concluded that Kaep is now selling out and his whole “righteousness” act was a complete sham. I drop knowledge on my thoughts on Colin Kaepernick.
HBCU’s decided to meet with Trump this week also, and have said that they got played. Many people on social media, especially Black Twitter mocked the hell out of them and called these guys Sambos and sellouts. In this video I touch on this from a historical aspect. Very interesting take on this, I promise you.